Low system memory issue - HTC Wildfire S

Hi, I am new to this forum, but wanted to share something that may be interesting for other users of the Wildfire S. Here's how I seem to have resolved the low memory issue of my Wildfire S (for the time being).

I've been quite happy with my Wildfire S (Android 2.3.5), however, I used to have constant issues with low memory. After some research, I thought rooting the phone might be the only solution to free up some space. But I did not want to mess with the phone that much.

After some further research, using DiskUsage, I realized that my System Data was more than 90MB - that's a lot if you only have 150MB available. I could not find any sources for normal values, but 90MB just seemed excessive. Doing some further research I found hints that there might be some log-files that use up huge amounts of data. For HTC I identified anr_history.txt as possible culprit. Thing is, without root, I could not figure out whether I have such file on my phone (let alone figure out what size that file is). Of course, a factory reset would have deleted any log-files, but I dreaded the idea of having to do a full factory reset.

Playing around with adb, I could not access the file (without root). But I realized, that adb would let me change into directories.

Caution: The following will erase a system file on your phone. This may cause irreparable damage to your device. I do not claim that this solves any problems - just wanted to share my observation. Try at your own risk!

So here is what I finally did:

1. Get adb up and running
2. Using adb change into the directory: /data/data/com.android.htcprofile
3. Empty anr_history.txt with the following command: echo

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

VITZ “INSERT MAP CD” SOLUTION

Make ready your horses !

Halal and Haram in Chocolates and Ice Creams